You can set reminders to check your blood sugar, take insulin, take medication or even set your own custom text reminder. You will receive the reminder as a push notification on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Reminders Menu:
- iOS: Tap More on the Primary Navigation Bar > tap Reminders.
- Android: Tap the Side Menu button (top left) on the Home screen > tap Reminders.
- Tap the + symbol to create a Reminder.
- Select Reminder options:
- Time of Day: Tap to select the time of day for the reminder.
- Day(s) of the Week: Tap to select the day(s) of the week for the reminder. The check symbol indicates that the reminder is active for that day.
- Select Reminder Types: Multiple reminder types can be selected for one Reminder if desired:
- Check your Blood Sugar/Test your Blood Sugar: Select to receive a reminder to check your blood sugar.
- Take Insulin: Select to receive a reminder to take insulin. You will be prompted to enter Insulin Name and Units.
- Tap Enter Insulin to select from the built-in Insulin list or tap Add New Insulin.
- Tap Units to enter the number of Units of Insulin.
- Tap Enter Another Insulin to add another insulin within the same Reminder.
- Take Medication: Select to receive a reminder to take a medication. You will be prompted to enter the medication name and dosage.
- Tap Enter Medication to select from the built-in Medication list. Note that medications are grouped by type (Oral Medication and Injectable Medication). You can also tap Add New Oral Medication/Add New Injectable Medication to add a custom medication.
- Tap mg to enter medication dosage.
- Tap Enter Another Medication to add another medication to the same Reminder.
- Custom: Select to receive a custom text reminder.
- Tap Enter text… and type in custom text for the reminder (limit of 140 characters)
- Tap Save (top right).
Once you have set a reminder to do a task in the Cornerstones4Care® Powered by Glooko app, you will receive a push notification on your mobile device with three response options:
- I tested (iOS) / Tested (Android) - Check your Blood Sugar/Test your Blood Sugar reminder;
I took it (iOS) / Took it (Android) - Insulin or Medication reminder; or
Done - Custom text reminder
- Selecting I tested/Tested for the Check your Blood Sugar reminder will prompt you to sync your diabetes device to Cornerstones4Care® Powered by Glooko (after responding to all other Reminder Types in the Reminder).
- Selecting I took it/Took it for the Take Insulin or Take Medication reminder will add the insulin or medication to your History.
- Selecting Done for the Custom reminder will add the custom text note to your
- Remind me in 15 mins (iOS) / Snooze 15 mins (Anroid): Selecting this option will resend the push notification reminder in 15 minutes.
- Skip (iOS) / X (Android): Selecting this option will skip the current reminder but will not disable or delete the reminder.
From the Reminders Menu:
- To Disable a reminder, toggle the button for the reminder OFF (gray).
- To re-enable the reminder, toggle the button for the reminder ON.
From the Reminders Menu:
- iOS: To Delete a reminder, swipe from right to left and a Delete button will appear. Tap Delete.
- Android: Tap the three vertical dots and a Delete button will appear. Tap Delete.